Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Noodlez

2067 Days

2067 Days as of today. No Nicotine, no tobacco, no nothing. And I would have looked you right in the eye and told you that I could sooner quit breathing than quit dipping. But I quit, and I stay quit every day.

4,369 days as of today. Until I quit in 2006 at age 54 and after more than 30 years of constant & active addiction, I had been a slave to nicotine so long that I had almost accepted I would die a slave to dip. But I'm still free.

One hour, one crave, & one day at a time, I took back control of my life. It was very hard at times, especially the first 5 days, but I determined that I would do whatever it took and endure whatever it took to be free again.

It was worth every bit of it.

Outstanding! I never think about it anymore, but... I had quit for years before and started up again, so I believe we still have to be vigilant. When I say never, I mean nearly never, sometimes at a weird moment I think about it, its extremely rare, but like chopping wood for example. Or at certain times after barbecue. Its there, but really tiny now. I feel for the new quitters and those coming back after relapsing, its a hard routine.

• Like 1

What you say is very important. Even though I've been free for almost 12 years, I must never deny that I am an addict. I will always be only one dip away from falling in to the dark abyss again. Stay free, my friend.

I have a mate who is always denying that he dips. "I just have one every once in a while to prove that I don't like it." No seriously that's what he says, word for word. That's like being sober but just slammin some vodka to prove that you really don't like the taste. Any excuse for an addict right? I know I had volumes full of excuses until you stop trying to con the con man that is yourself. I can lie all the time except to that dude deep down who knows allll the lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1