Quit Smokeless Community
rwm3892

Posting on a Phone is NOT Hard

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have heard moans and complaints that using the site is difficult, especially while using a phone. Here is the good news: Despite what you've heard, this site is MUCH easier than it used to be, especially on a phone, I promise! 

I am going to post two YouTube tutorials on how to use the 'copy and paste' function for two types of phones: iPhone and Android.

Copy and paste is really all you really need to know! Don't worry about using the Quote tools. You don't need to use them...forget about them for now. Copy and paste is all you need to know on your laptop or desktop too, but I'm assuming you already know how to use those functions (hint: on laptops or desktops use CTRL + C to copy text, and CTRL V to paste). 

If you are posting roll call on a phone or laptop/desktop: 

1) Go to the bottom of the last page of the thread you are posting roll call to; copy all the text (& pics) from the last post.

2)  Paste the copied text into the box at the bottom of the page where it says 'Reply to this topic...'

3)  Edit the text however you want BEFORE you hit 'Submit Reply' .

The videos below show you how to copy and paste with the two main types of phones (it's actually easier than depicted in these videos because you don't have to open or close apps, you just copy the last post and paste in the  'Reply to this topic...' box at the bottom of the page. 

iPhone

Android

• Like 2

Really, posting in general is a shit ton easier than it used to be. All that deciphering code crap is out the window. Just copy and paste like a mug.