Quit Smokeless Community
Киров

Quitting Drinking

No Booze Crew

...where 1 is too many and 1000 isn't enough.

7/02/19

FoodBuzz -31- Moving sucks especially when the moving company forgets to send your shit...Serenity...NAT
steve50-22- It must suck to be shitless. NFAT

No Booze Crew

7/03/19

FoodBuzz -32- No longer shitless, just need to get the shit in the house now. That shit is still packed in hard. NAT

No Booze Crew

7/04/19

FoodBuzz -33- Sober on the 4th. Won’t be getting drunk and blowing a hand off.

No Booze Crew

7/04/19

FoodBuzz -33- Sober on the 4th. Won’t be getting drunk and blowing a hand off.
steve50 -24- I'll be happy for FoodBuzz when he finally gets his shit together. I'm still hanging on. My mother's funeral was yesterday. We were very close. It's always jarring when the day comes but it wasn't exactly unexpected. I'll be OK without alcohol. No plans to drink today either.

No Booze Crew

7/05/19

FoodBuzz -34- Unloaded all my shit, now it's spread all over the place...it is messy HAHA! NAT with Steve!

No Booze Crew

7/05/19

FoodBuzz -34- Unloaded all my shit, now it's spread all over the place...it is messy HAHA! NAT with Steve!
steve50-25- Now it's a shit storm! NAT

No Booze Crew

7/05/19

FoodBuzz -35- Today is a no drinking day!

No Booze Crew

7/07/19

steve50-27 days dry- More parties and picnics to win. I've discovered seltzer water is free of sugar and calories and helps with others are drinking. I've also developed a hell of a sweet tooth. Need to figure that one out.

No Booze Crew

7/07/19

steve50-27 days dry- More parties and picnics to win. I've discovered seltzer water is free of sugar and calories and helps with others are drinking. I've also developed a hell of a sweet tooth. Need to figure that one out.

FoodBuzz -36- Got my month chip today. Not court or wife ordered, but my choice. Glad I haven’t fallen into the deep pits some of the people in AA have. Don’t want to be there either. I chew ice, that keeps me busy.

No Booze Crew

7/08/19

steve50-28- I didn't know you were doing AA. I have a friend who loves it and drops in a few times a day to support others. I've been reading Allen Carr's Easy Way. It's been helpful.

No Booze Crew

7/08/19

steve50-28- I didn't know you were doing AA. I have a friend who loves it and drops in a few times a day to support others. I've been reading Allen Carr's Easy Way. It's been helpful

Dillhole (7yrs) - Seltzer is a go to for me.  I do have NA in the frig.  Use to drink those quite a bit when I first quit, now I usually have 1 or 2 on the weekend.  They work well at parties and get togethers.    You guys are doing great!  Keep on keeping on. 

No Booze Crew

7/09/19

FoodBuzz -38- Drier than sucking on a stick of chalk. Yep AA is good, but now wife looks down. Well that will take time. NAT.

No Booze Crew

7/09/19

FoodBuzz -38- Drier than sucking on a stick of chalk. Yep AA is good, but now wife looks down. Well that will take time. NAT.

Dillhole -  I quite for myself over 7 years ago. My life, my decision. 

No Booze Crew

7/10/19

FoodBuzz -39- NAT

No Booze Crew

7/10/19

FoodBuzz -40- so crazy how so many things just drive me up the freaking wall. I'm sure it's better to use my words, gain patience, learn the breath than to buzz it away. NAT

No Booze Crew

7/11/19

FoodBuzz -

steve50- 32 days alcohol free. I'll admit it's a challenge sometimes. It's very clear there is an addiction at some level. Sweets are kicking my ass these days. I'm day 4 without an unnecessary sweet but the craving is ridiculous. Almost worse that the alcohol.

No Booze Crew

7/11/19

FoodBuzz --40- so crazy how so many things just drive me up the freaking wall. I'm sure it's better to use my words, gain patience, learn the breath than to buzz it away. NAT  --- Forgot to update the date :) Quit today!

steve50- 32 days alcohol free. I'll admit it's a challenge sometimes. It's very clear there is an addiction at some level. Sweets are kicking my ass these days. I'm day 4 without an unnecessary sweet but the craving is ridiculous. Almost worse that the alcohol.

No Booze Crew

7/12/19

FoodBuzz --

steve50-

Dillhole - 7yrs - I was 208Lbs when I quit.  After 6 months I was down to 176.  I went down to 165  when I prepped for a colonoscopy.  (Man I was fill of it then).  Averaging about 180 now.  I found that just a little exercise helped with the cravings.  I severed ties with a good friend as I didn't want to be tempted.  Eventually I started using NA beer at parties and events.  Still some moderate urges, but the NA seemed to help my mind fit in to the surroundings.  When I was dip free, I was more proud of my alcohol quit than my dip quit.  Foodbuzz and Steve, you have the willpower and know how to quit.  Hang in there!

No Booze Crew

7/12/19

FoodBuzz -41- 204 here, slowly dropping. I bounce from 196 to 202 depends if there's a good cookout or not. I do love me a good cookout. I snack, drink diet pepsi, and chew ice to curb crave. sometimes i just have to push through it like a contraction (of course I have so much real life experience in having contractions lol!) Still sober. 

steve50-

Dillhole - 7yrs - I was 208Lbs when I quit.  After 6 months I was down to 176.  I went down to 165  when I prepped for a colonoscopy.  (Man I was fill of it then).  Averaging about 180 now.  I found that just a little exercise helped with the cravings.  I severed ties with a good friend as I didn't want to be tempted.  Eventually I started using NA beer at parties and events.  Still some moderate urges, but the NA seemed to help my mind fit in to the surroundings.  When I was dip free, I was more proud of my alcohol quit than my dip quit.  Foodbuzz and Steve, you have the willpower and know how to quit.  Hang in there!

No Booze Crew

7/15/19

FoodBuzz -44- Staying sober, all day long!

No Booze Crew

7/15/19

FoodBuzz -44- Staying sober, all day long!

steve50-36- Still sober. Long weekend at a family reunion. I thought it would be harder. NA Beer and seltzer seemed to do OK. 

No Booze Crew

7/16/19

FoodBuzz -45- Oh man last time I was at a family reunion I had to hit the store to get some beers, they drive to go crazy! But if I was there today I'd just find a quite place. Nice work keeping dry Steve!

steve50