Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

The Cafe - 2009

Wow, Danny Devito really let go of himself

(come on, I can go all day!!!)

Inuendos??? you decide lookingood.jpg

TR, 2 guys and myself are interested in your protein supplements. How much do they cost? Do you have a website?

There is an "easier, softer way" if you're so inclined....... SM forgot to mention the complete line of Truckerick's Protein Supplements. Just saying....... B)

^_^

^_^

I'm speechless.

There are 3 possibilities.

1 - IronWill doesn't realize what TR really means...

2 - IronWill DOES know what TR really means and he is just playing along.

3 - IronWill DOES know what TR really means and he is NOT just playing along.

Now I am also speechless

That is some funny shit right there!! I hope the first possibility is the one though...LMAO!

Truckerick - Are you still pissing people off with your gay innuendos? They are innuendos - right?

Edited by *IronWill*

Wow, Danny Devito really let go of himself

(come on, I can go all day!!!)

Inuendos??? you decide lookingood.jpg

TR, 2 guys and myself are interested in your protein supplements. How much do they cost? Do you have a website?

There is an "easier, softer way" if you're so inclined....... SM forgot to mention the complete line of Truckerick's Protein Supplements. Just saying....... B)

^_^

^_^

I'm speechless.

There are 3 possibilities.

1 - IronWill doesn't realize what TR really means...

2 - IronWill DOES know what TR really means and he is just playing along.

3 - IronWill DOES know what TR really means and he is NOT just playing along.

Now I am also speechless

That is some funny shit right there!! I hope the first possibility is the one though...LMAO!

Truckerick - Are you still pissing people off with your gay innuendos? They are innuendos - right?

Hey Cap, I thought those pictures of our European vacation were to remain private? ^_^

Edited by Truckerick

Well, the toughest week of the year for my family is over. Had a family member pass away. We were at the hospital for 3 days before she passed. Then dealing with funeral arrangements, the funeral, and alot of whining family that I had never seen. Any way, it's over. As much as I hate to say it, I caved a couple of times over the week. Definitely not back to dipping. I think I had 3 dips all week. Just had to knock the edge off. I don't do well with whiners. I had absolutely no patience last week. Everytime I put a dip in, I felt as though I was letting myself down, my family down, and believe it or not, everyone here down. I am ready to get this shit out of my life.

Other than feeling edgey, irritable, nervous, moody....I was enjoying nothaving the crap in my mouth. As far as at work, it really isn't too bad. I went through a 1# bag of hard candy the other day.

Any guys, just wanted to say my piece for the day. I have to get to work, but will be back later. Also, this is not an excuse for why I dipped last week, just being honest about showing a few moments of weakness. Just don't bash me too hard.

Well, the toughest week of the year for my family is over. Had a family member pass away. We were at the hospital for 3 days before she passed. Then dealing with funeral arrangements, the funeral, and alot of whining family that I had never seen. Any way, it's over. As much as I hate to say it, I caved a couple of times over the week. Definitely not back to dipping. I think I had 3 dips all week. Just had to knock the edge off. I don't do well with whiners. I had absolutely no patience last week. Everytime I put a dip in, I felt as though I was letting myself down, my family down, and believe it or not, everyone here down. I am ready to get this shit out of my life.

Other than feeling edgey, irritable, nervous, moody....I was enjoying nothaving the crap in my mouth. As far as at work, it really isn't too bad. I went through a 1# bag of hard candy the other day.

Any guys, just wanted to say my piece for the day. I have to get to work, but will be back later. Also, this is not an excuse for why I dipped last week, just being honest about showing a few moments of weakness. Just don't bash me too hard.

Go back to day 1 from the last dip you had. You fell off the horse. Get back on it and ride. You came in, you fessed up (and manned up).

I have seen so many folks just disappear without saying a word.

Most of us have caved. We don't take it lightly, but you can see there are a lot of us here.

But remember, now TR has to kill a kitten.

Go back to day 1 from the last dip you had. You fell off the horse. Get back on it and ride. You came in, you fessed up (and manned up).

Most of us have caved. We don't take it lightly, but you can see there are a lot of us here.

You know, I felt bad enough this morning having to admit that I caved. I went to roll call, and even stated that I would be starting over at day one. I still fell in the same time frame to stay in the group. I went back to check if anyone bashed me. Well, guess they didn't want to bash me, so they removed my name from the list. What gives?

You know, I felt bad enough this morning having to admit that I caved. I went to roll call, and even stated that I would be starting over at day one. I still fell in the same time frame to stay in the group. I went back to check if anyone bashed me. Well, guess they didn't want to bash me, so they removed my name from the list. What gives?

You put your own name in every day. The first person to roll call "clears the slate" and you add your name and your day. Some groups use the "perpetual roll call" method, but in MY opinion, that is best used after 45 - 60 days, because it causes a lot of confusion. Plus there are a lot of people that are serious about quitting for a day or a week then never heard from again. Chasing down everyone from a pinned quit group would be pretty tough.

Just go in, under the "quitters" section, add your name to the bottom and put day 1. Then come back tomorrow and put day 2.

Don't let anything give you an excuse to cave. Dipping will not make mourning easier. It will not shut the mouths of the people that annoy you. It will not let the selfish driver in front of you speed up or choose just one lane. It will not put you in an alternate reality where stress doesnt exist. It also doesn't make these stresses any easier to deal with. It IS scientifically proven to shorten the amount of time you have on this earth to experience those stresses...

If that is your goal, there are cheaper and more efficient ways of taking care of that.

Since you are here, I doubt that is your goal.

So post up - that goes for anyone who wants to have a little bit of say-so in when they die.

It622,

Welcome back. You have a good, strong and CLEAR head on your shoulders. Make sure you use it! As it was said, many of us are on a quit other than our first. It happens. Especially early on when everything is hitting us and we are going through the wringger, it is understandable that we don't all make it on the first try. Add in some extra tough trigger, like the passing of family, and it becomes even easier to go back to the tin.

You even mentioned that you knew that wasn't an excuse, and that is good to recognize. Some new quitters look ahead to the first opportunity to find a reason (excuse) to give up their quit. Some say it was a fight with their spouse, some use alcohol as their excuse, some use a special project at work, some say I can't get through finals week without a lipper...etc. The bad news is, you had to go through what you went through, losing a family member and losing your quit momentarily. The good news is, you can get through this. And you will get through this with you quit intact! We have had some people here who have gone through a lot, and during that time, have maintained their quit. I think a big reason was because they were invested in their group, they had people they could rely on, lean on, get support from, get encouragement from, people who KNEW what they were going through from the quit perspective. We will continue to face triggers in our lives, things that we think we need a dip to get us through. The simple fact is, we don't need a dip. Millions of people every day deal with the same pressures we deal with, and they get through it fine without nicotine.

The only proven way on how to be an unsuccessful quitter is by quit quitting. As long as you are giving it your honest try, you use the advice that works for you, you use the site to benifit your quit, you will be successful. When you slip up, walk away, use excuses to keep you from coming back to quit again, that is a recipe for failure.

As far as the roll call. You might have a few class members pissed...it is a natural reaction when we see a fellow quitter slip up. It usually is only a quick, momentary reaction. More disappointment than anything, and would be willing to bet after a few moments, things will be back to normal again. There is also the possibility that 2 members did roll call at nearly the same time, and their roll call trumped yours. It is real common for 2 or more members to click on the roll call at the same time (8:00 am). Member 1 posts his updated roll call 1 minute later(8:01 am). Member 2 posts his updated roll call 1 minute later as well(8:01 am). (Both post at the same time, but obviously don't have the other member's info updated due to posting at the same time) Both accessed the most recent roll call, but left each other off the roll call due to the time they both posted.

Another thought, as a member copied and pasted a roll call, the last row possible got left off the copy.

Someone also mentioned that it could have been a "rolling" roll call where the names always stay up and the members just change the date by their name and day quit. As it was mentioned, that might be something to save for later when members become a bit less active on the site. Some groups have been known to use this method early on, and then drop names if they were MIA for a certain length of time. There are a lot of possibilities, and I would say just go in and post up with them. We all hit a moment early on in our quit known as the "FOG". This FOG wrecks our ability to focus...the simpliest tasks can seem to be impossible...and early on in quits, roll calls can sometimes be brutally F'd up, not on purpose, but because quitters struggle to even use their keyboards correctly for a few days! Good news is that by the 3rd week of your quit, the fog has usually cleared out.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family over your recent loss as well as with you and your quit.

-Penguin

last day to join the feb group, we are actually 1 person short.

I have a question. It has been a full 2 days (48hrs) of being tobacco free. How long should I wait before joining in on the quit group? Don't want to piss anybody off by joining too soon. I am just curious about this.

I have a question. It has been a full 2 days (48hrs) of being tobacco free. How long should I wait before joining in on the quit group? Don't want to piss anybody off by joining too soon. I am just curious about this.

Jump back in on that. ASAP.

I have no clue why anyone would be pissed at you for caving, admitting it and coming back. If they did, they're shitty quit brothers. Because in all honesty the people that make me the most angry are the ones that never came back.

So hop on the horse and rejoin the group. If you get any shit from people I'll make them cry. =]

I have no clue why anyone would be pissed at you for caving, admitting it and coming back. If they did, they're shitty quit brothers. Because in all honesty the people that make me the most angry are the ones that never came back.

So hop on the horse and rejoin the group. If you get any shit from people I'll make them cry. =]

Now that's funny. I think I may have had minute of not seeing clearly about some the stuff that I said earlier. However, I do want to get back into the group that I originally started in and today is the last day to get in. I can understand how other would be pissed about some one caving, trust me I was pissed at myself for it. Thanks for the encouragement, Kid.

Now that's funny. I think I may have had minute of not seeing clearly about some the stuff that I said earlier. However, I do want to get back into the group that I originally started in and today is the last day to get in. I can understand how other would be pissed about some one caving, trust me I was pissed at myself for it. Thanks for the encouragement, Kid.

The whole point of this website is to help people quit. The path is not easy, and sometimes people will cave. If you man up, admit your cave, and come back with a real commitment, nobody should hold that against you. I think what pisses people off is when someone doesn't seem to take real responsibility and have their head seriously around quitting.

Da' Kid is a great example - he joined, made good progress, and had a slip. Instead of just disappearing, he rededicated himself and made the HOF. There are always lessons in a cave, it comes down to how hard to you want to look inside yourself and are you really committed to beating this addiction.

Man up, post up, and quit for today.

BTL/Nick

The whole point of this website is to help people quit. The path is not easy, and sometimes people will cave. If you man up, admit your cave, and come back with a real commitment, nobody should hold that against you. I think what pisses people off is when someone doesn't seem to take real responsibility and have their head seriously around quitting.

Da' Kid is a great example - he joined, made good progress, and had a slip. Instead of just disappearing, he rededicated himself and made the HOF. There are always lessons in a cave, it comes down to how hard to you want to look inside yourself and are you really committed to beating this addiction.

Man up, post up, and quit for today.

BTL/Nick

lt622fd,

Get back on the horse ASAP, like the Da Kid and BTL both said. It takes a lot to post that you caved, to admit your failure. It is the ones who cave, post and let everyone know but then dissappear that is the most dissappointing. Like BTL said Da Kid is a great example. He caved maned up and admitted it to our group. But he returned, made it to his HOF and is still here. Unfortunatly his cave occurred as a new group was forming and he was not in our group anymore. But he knows and he would have been welcomed right back in. Hell he still pops in and says hi, as we still support him in his quit. I guess what I am rambling on about is that you need to jump back in this second. You never know your fellow quit brothers might learn something from your cave as you did. So dont delay, post up and commit again one day at a time to be nicotine free for one more day! You have my support.

Erik

Well, I am here to say that I am dedicated to quitting. I caved during a hard time with the passing of a family member. It has now been 3 days without putting any snuff in my cheek. I ain't gonna lie to anyone here, these 3 days have been hell on me. I have been through mood swings, times with absolutely no patience, and just flat out being an ass to my friends. They all support my quit and bear with me. Today, we had our final thanksgiving dinner at my grandmothers house, the first without her there. There was plenty of snuff going around and I almost asked for a pinch. However, I knew that the snuff was going to be there and chose to battle my demons head on. I must say, today it was easier than I thought. I still wanted it as much as ever, but, decided to stick with my decision to quit. Knowing that I would have at least one family member there that dips, I chose to take my remaining snuff, 2 1/2 rolls, and see if I could give it away to him rather than throw it away. I hate to waste. But, I had made the decision that either way, I would return home without any snuff. Which I did happily. I know 3 days doesn't sound like much to some of the "Old Timers", but, to me, it is a step in the right direction. I just need to keep reminding myself to just get through today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. I do appreciate the support that I have been getting from this site and hope that it continues. Hopefully, one day, I can say that I officially quit craving snuff completely, if there is such a time.

Anyway, I will just keep plugging away.

I know 3 days doesn't sound like much to some of the "Old Timers", but, to me, it is a step in the right direction.

I disagree.

I think some of the people that know best about how great it is are old timers. Trust me, none of them are about to scoff at your three days. No one, Honestly- well, except maybe Truckerick. But that's him.

Keep Plugging away! (No clue what that means but yeah!)

Hi...

Im Chris's (DKs) little brother and he caught me dipping and made me sign up for this. I didnt want to at first but then he showed me his gums and how pulled back the gum lines are and it freaked me out

SO

Heres my first day!! Wish me luck i guess

Hi...

Im Chris's (DKs) little brother and he caught me dipping and made me sign up for this. I didnt want to at first but then he showed me his gums and how pulled back the gum lines are and it freaked me out

SO

Dumbass.

Anyway yeah he's my little bro and I'm making him quit!

So be nice and help him like you helped me. I'll play my part too B)

Way to quit little bro.

I know 3 days doesn't sound like much to some of the "Old Timers", but, to me, it is a step in the right direction.

I disagree.

I think some of the people that know best about how great it is are old timers. Trust me, none of them are about to scoff at your three days. No one, Honestly- well, except maybe Truckerick. But that's him.

Three days is huge. Do not sell yourself short. Three days is the time it takes to get the nicotine processed out of your body. The real healing is about to start. You will crave, but you never need to go back. Each day, each hour, each minute that you stay quit makes you stronger and takes you a step further away from active addiction.

Get today done nic-free. That is your job today.

The truth is that is all any of us do that are quitting. We all quit one day at a time. It doesn't matter if you are quitting for day 4 or day 820. We are all one dip away from reawakening a full blown active addiction. It is just easier for me.

Hi...

SO

T, it's great that you're quitting but this quit NEEDS to be for you. Chances are it won't work if you do it for someone else. You're gonna be going through some pain here pretty quick and it's all gonna be DK's fault unless

you take ownership of this quit. The "...I guess" comment also has me a bit concerned. It's almost like you're not sure that this is what you want to do. This quit needs to be for YOU and it needs to be something that YOU'RE ready to do. A quit isn't based on "luck"...it's based on hard work, dedication and comitment. Luck isn't going to keep dip out of your mouth...a conscious effort from you is. It's gonna be a rough road for you but I guarantee that it's well worth the struggle...you will be free from the thing that has you by the balls.

Welcome to the site...you'll do fine.

I disagree.

DK is right the old timers love to see day 1...2....3...100...etc. We know exactly what you're going through and what lies ahead. There's a pretty high level of respect around here for people just starting a quit...it takes a lot of balls to face your addiction and say "no more"

Keep up the good work!

I disagree.

Hey! I resemble that comment! B) Just be warned, the full line of Truckerick's Quitting Products awaits those who cave. The "new" self-loathing beat down CD is now on the market. Narrated by Truckerick with a special berating by SteveTheBuilder! (also available on cassette)

Hi...

SO

You're his little brother? What are you, like 5? Seriously, we're glad you're here. Your big brother is mature beyond his years. You could do a lot worse for a brother. Stay teachable. We all had to.

checking in. just wanted to say that I'm still going. Had to break down and buy some smc this morning. Up at 3 am to drive 4 hours. needed something. cutting back on the candy. I've noticed that cravings are slacking. Not giving up or in. Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. I know that I can't do this on my own. The only person that has kept me going is God. All the praise goes to Him. I just want to spread His message that this can be done through Him.

Have a safe Thanksgiving and God Bless. I will check in next Monday.

Hi...

SO

You're his little brother? What are you, like 5? Seriously, we're glad you're here. Your big brother is mature beyond his years. You could do a lot worse for a brother. Stay teachable. We all had to.

hahaha no I'm a freshman! and thanks, but don't tell him that, he'll get all cocky lol B)

I'll do my best, it's been a rough two starting days!

I disagree.

Hey! I resemble that comment! B) Just be warned, the full line of Truckerick's Quitting Products awaits those who cave. The "new" self-loathing beat down CD is now on the market. Narrated by Truckerick with a special berating by SteveTheBuilder! (also available on cassette)

Hahahaha!

But seriously new quitters, watch out if you cave. He'll find you. When I caved, 3 business days after I told QSSN I got in the mail a bulk sized bottle of Truckerick's Vitamin and Mineral Supplement. Needless to say It made me never want to cave again.

Edited by Da Kid