Quit Smokeless Community
Flavius Victor

The Cafe - 2009

Hang in there Day 1....and excuse me while I vent for a moment. I am on day 19.....I always chewed at the office after lunch. Now I have a headache...a no chew headache

and the worst is I have been unbelievably sleepy since my quit. I actually just took a nap on my couch in my office. Not getting anything done. Feel like shit... sleepy, not getting

any work done. Great thing is though, I am not even considering dipping. this is my 2nd quit. First lasted about 18 months and this time it seems to be a lot easier. I was back on the junk for

9 months. Hang in there bud. We will beat this. To have less time with my great kids because I didn't mind dying because skoal was more important doesn't make a lot of sense.

Malcolm94

Day 1.

Mid Day Update. Kinda rough this morning. My attitude sucked but I am a little nicer at the moment. I even had it out with a credit card company. Still no dip. Praise THE LORD

...I actually just took a nap on my couch in my office. Not getting anything done. Feel like shit... sleepy, not getting any work done. Great thing is though, I am not even considering dipping. Malcolm94 ...

Nice! I totally need a couch in my office B)

Hey Holden have you ever read any Charles Bukowski? With the Dylan Thomas quote in there and some of the other stuff, I can almost guarantee you you will enjoy

Bukowski. Just a thought. In the mean time I'm still getting nothing done at my office. Just went out and bought a bag of Cheetos and a large honking Coke. Downing

this stuff is better than tobacco. Oh, also bought some Advil. I'll go back to being a healthy eater after a few more weeks of my quit. Malcolm94

I actually just took a nap on my couch in my office. Not getting anything done. Feel like shit... sleepy, not getting any work done. Great thing is though, I am not even considering dipping. Malcolm94 ...

Nice! I totally need a couch in my office B)

I couldn't help but make a comment here.....I TOTALLY understand what you are saying....I do not have a couch, but I just passed out in my chair, good thing my boss understood. I did not get CRAP done for over two weeks.....but I read this statement on the site and it is on here....but I will post it for you.....I placed it on the side of my monitor and several other places in the office and at home....It helped me not feel so bad about not doing CRAP all day.....it sorta motivated me....OK....enough of that here it is...........

There is only one thing that I must accomplish today, and that is to not chew.

If I get other things done today, great.

But everything else has second priority for now.

Soon I'll be able to focus on those other things too.

But for right now, for today, this is the only thing that matters.

I won't demand more of myself, and I won't get down on myself for not doing anything else if I don't get to it.

This is damn damn damn hard work, and it's the most important work that I have right now.

I'll be truly and sincerely proud if I meet no goals today other than keeping that crap out of my mouth.

BOOOOO YAAAAAA!!! So take two freak'n NAPS......just keep that SHIT out of UR MOUTH!!

Hope this helps....

Da SoccerPlyrNcoach!!

Hang in there Day 1....and excuse me while I vent for a moment. I am on day 19.....I always chewed at the office after lunch. Now I have a headache...a no chew headache

and the worst is I have been unbelievably sleepy since my quit. I actually just took a nap on my couch in my office. Not getting anything done. Feel like shit... sleepy, not getting

any work done. Great thing is though, I am not even considering dipping. this is my 2nd quit. First lasted about 18 months and this time it seems to be a lot easier. I was back on the junk for

9 months. Hang in there bud. We will beat this. To have less time with my great kids because I didn't mind dying because skoal was more important doesn't make a lot of sense.

Malcolm94

Day 1.

Mid Day Update. Kinda rough this morning. My attitude sucked but I am a little nicer at the moment. I even had it out with a credit card company. Still no dip. Praise THE LORD

Thanks a lot for taking the time out of your day to post that. I will keep it in mind. Regards, Malcolm

------------------------------

I couldn't help but make a comment here.....I TOTALLY understand what you are saying....I do not have a couch, but I just passed out in my chair, good thing my boss understood. I did not get CRAP done for over two weeks.....but I read this statement on the site and it is on here....but I will post it for you.....I placed it on the side of my monitor and several other places in the office and at home....It helped me not feel so bad about not doing CRAP all day.....it sorta motivated me....OK....enough of that here it is...........

I won't demand more of myself, and I won't get down on myself for not doing anything else if I don't get to it.

This is damn damn damn hard work, and it's the most important work that I have right now.

I'll be truly and sincerely proud if I meet no goals today other than keeping that crap out of my mouth.

BOOOOO YAAAAAA!!! So take two freak'n NAPS......just keep that SHIT out of UR MOUTH!!

Hope this helps....

Da SoccerPlyrNcoach!!

Malcolm94

Day 1.

Thanks a lot for taking the time out of your day to post that. I will keep it in mind. Regards, Malcolm

Hope this helps....

Da SoccerPlyrNcoach!!

Thanks for posting this. I am hanging tuff like New Kids on The Block. Praise God and thanks to SMC.

Malcolm94

Day 1.

Pardon me again while I talk to myself on here. Malcolm now you feel like crap still but you arent sure if the reason is because you just ate a half a large

bag of Cheetos and drank a large Coke or if it is because you are going through withdrawals. Maybe now it is because of both. You didnt take that nice trade opportunity in

the S&P Futures. You just sat there and watched it as you stuffed your face didnt you. And lo and behold it was the best freaking trade you've seen in a week. If anyone walks in on you all youre gonna have is a dear in the headlight look as they stare down at you and your Cheetos and Coke and messy desk and all the other crap scattered all around. Since you have been Ninja you cant even tell anyone what the heck is going on now can you? Suffer in silence. You've got that bag of gummy bears in the top right drawer. Go for it. It'll go great with the Cheetos.

You'll be so sick you wont even be able to think about your girlfriend Skoal Wintergreen that you recently dumped. She was a nasty bitch anyway. 20 years of here and what did I get out of the relationship anyway? Nada! Malcolm Out-

---------------------------

Hope this helps....

Da SoccerPlyrNcoach!!

Thanks for posting this. I am hanging tuff like New Kids on The Block. Praise God and thanks to SMC.

Malcolm94

Day 1.

Hey Holden have you ever read any Charles Bukowski? With the Dylan Thomas quote in there and some of the other stuff, I can almost guarantee you you will enjoy

Bukowski. Just a thought. ...

Never heard of him, but I notice that in 1986 Time called Bukowski a "laureate of American lowlife." What are you trying to say to me.... B)

I'll check him out. He kind of looks like the Dos Equis most interesting man in the world guy...

He's one of the greatest writers of the 20th Century by many accounts yet often he was sending his manuscripts in to his publisher from his skid row rooming house.

Very raw. He's no Emerson who I also love but there is something amazing about how he articulates himself. Totally useless day at work. No not useless...I DID NOT CHEW!! yaaa

Sorry if my rambling on here today has irrated anyone. It helped me just kinda talking to myself a bit to get through the day. I'm gong home. No reason to stay here.

Take care.

Malcolm

---------------------------

Bukowski. Just a thought. ...

Never heard of him, but I notice that in 1986 Time called Bukowski a "laureate of American lowlife." What are you trying to say to me.... B)

I'll check him out. He kind of looks like the Dos Equis most interesting man in the world guy...

Totally useless day at work. No not useless...I DID NOT CHEW!! yaaa

Sorry if my rambling on here today has irrated anyone. It helped me just kinda talking to myself a bit to get through the day. I'm gong home. No reason to stay here.

Take care.

Malcolm

You are right, at your point in the quit, no day is useless if you don't chew. It does get better. It seems like the fog and funk last forever. It doesn't. Soon you will have hours where you don't think about chewing. It will later become days and weeks where you won't have a crave.

Ramble on, vent on. We are here for each other and understand a good ramble or vent can be worth its weight in gold. Remember too, we have all been where you are at right now. P.M. anyone here. If you need someone to talk to, ask for a number. We are all here to help.

FOR ALL OLDER GENTS(out of college), I've got a question.

Does the real world suck as much ball sack as school finals and school in general?

It isn't the same ballpark. Not even the same sport. What you find important now will change over the next few years. It will just be a new experience.

I can say this: It will be much more enjoyable being a dip-free man rather than a slave to nic.

My twocents.gif

That was funny!! But WHATEVER IT TAKES.....So you shit toothpaste and piss mouthwash.....a lot better than a half a face, no tongue, and shitting and pissing blood!! Sorry, if this offended anyone....but those are facts brothers!!

I loved mints, fireballs, and lots of candy. But, after 4 months of that, doc said I had to stop all sugar. Gained too much weight (did not care cuz it was better than chewing at the time, blood levels were nuts too) I found the "Eclipse" gum in the small tub, and that crap is STRONG.....took the bite out of wanting to chew....now I am addicted to that gum.....love it....sugar free too! I also found a love for the NACHO cheese seeds....I still eat about a bag every other day!

Hang in there Vreece...keep your humor....keep posting and GIT R' DONE!!

My nickel of info!!

Da Soccer Nut!!

Eating so many mints over here that I'm shitting toothpaste! B)

I have made it to day 10 with little sleep, lots of gum, and a short fuse. Can anybody tell me what the next 10 days will be like?

I have made it to day 10 with little sleep, lots of gum, and a short fuse. Can anybody tell me what the next 10 days will be like?

Congrats on 10 days, good job. To me, that was the roughest part of the quit. The first two weeks are a real bitch but things do get better, much better. Remember, this is a process and your mind will play games on you early in your quit. Just take it day by day and after a while the days pile up. The body will adjust to life without nicotine, you will be fine. Just stay quit and remain focused.

Wildcat

This is a portion of some info provided by a nice young lady here on the site who goes by "mylilsecret"....here what you may expect in the coming weeks!!

Hope it helps!

Da SoccerPlyrNcoach!!

(This is only an outline! Please use this as a guide. Each of us are unique and same goes for our quits.)

Days 1 thru 6 - the withdrawals begin. Most go back to their old habit during this time. But those with determination will have all chemicals/nicotine out of your system after 72 hours. That part is over and as long as you don't dip or smoke you'll never have to face those terrible days again. Stay close to the site. Introduce yourself, not just to your quit group but others. This is the time to get phone numbers. Don't be afraid to use them.

Day 7 thru 30 - the mind games begin to happen. The dip dreams, the dry mouth, the constipation, the anger, the fog, and you are sooooo hungry because you can actually taste food for the first time. Fear of cancer still haunts you. It took years for you and your body to get to this point. So give your quit time .... hmm, let's say ... one day at a time.

Day 30 thru 50 - the feeling of depression and/or death might appear. Somehow you feel like you've lost something, .. your best friend, .. your love. See everything or everyone has at one time or another changed in your life but one thing remained the same .... your dip! Retrain your brain new ways to cope with stress, disappointments and changes instead of grabbing for that can.

Day 50 thru 70 - the hows and whys might appear. You look back over the years and think, "what the hell?" You'll rediscover yourself as well as new things. New hobbies and adventures your addiction would never let you grasp a hold of until now.

Day 70 thru 100 - the giving back to others process. You feel good about yourself. Things seem a bit easier. You feel as if you could conquer this addiction. You might feel like you can do this quitting thing on your own. Some fail to reach HOF because of this and of course the mysterious voice of, "I can have one dip now! C'mon, you've proved you can do this" Don't fall prey to this. You'll never be able to used tobacco or nicotine again.

You'll always be an addict .. you're just a recovering addict now.

OK, fine Yankee, If you will stay off the nic, you won't ever see me again on either site, good bye

I checked, and there is no Yankee on this site. Either you are losing your mind (happened to me around month 2) or he is one powerful cybermonkey. I recommend staying clear of Killthecan anyway. But not until you tell that dude to take his crazy s#*t and stow it.

And where did you get the idea that you're important enough to keep him or anyone else quit just by your mere absence or presence?

One more humility check, for your own good and because I like you - keep posting or don't keep posting, but please don't come in here looking for sympathy because some hooligan has his panties in a bunch!

Right, TR? ^_^

You have aroused me from my slumber.... B) Does somebody need their ass kicked? What did I miss?

no, every thing's fine now, relatively speaking.

My mind is too far gone right now. I need to stay away from the Internet all together for a while.

Edited by *IronWill*

lets go ironwill. just stick with it man, youve got thisn 100%. everyone is here backing you up bro. Remember this verse at all times when you think you need a pinch or a drink, it helps me so much.Phillipians 4:13: "I can do ALL things through HIM who strengthens me."

you get this bro. if you need anyone to just pm and get my number, i might be young but i can help ya bro, me and you and the rest of this fam are all going to stick together you got this.

OK, fine Yankee, If you will stay off the nic, you won't ever see me again on either site, good bye

I checked, and there is no Yankee on this site. Either you are losing your mind (happened to me around month 2) or he is one powerful cybermonkey. I recommend staying clear of Killthecan anyway. But not until you tell that dude to take his crazy s#*t and stow it.

And where did you get the idea that you're important enough to keep him or anyone else quit just by your mere absence or presence?

One more humility check, for your own good and because I like you - keep posting or don't keep posting, but please don't come in here looking for sympathy because some hooligan has his panties in a bunch!

Right, TR? ^_^

You have aroused me from my slumber.... B) Does somebody need their ass kicked? What did I miss?

Go back to sleep... here is your doggie biscuit...

Cmon IronWill! Stick with us man. We've got strength in numbers and we need you to stay in this together with all of the rest of us. You can do this! We ALL can do this!

My mind is too far gone right now. I need to stay away from the Internet all together for a while.

Cmon IronWill! Stick with us man. We've got strength in numbers and we need you to stay in this together with all of the rest of us. You can do this! We ALL can do this!

Yeah... this ain't gonna get you down. Day 1 was tougher than this. You can be battle weary yet still win the battle. The only battle you have is today. Just win today.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

1 Corinthians 9:24

The only one you are racing against is the NB...

Is there any info about dip dreams and these damn twitches I get when I try to go to bed?

Also, and help on here for a girlfriend to read. She has no idea what is going on with me. I try to tell her she thinks I have turned in to a monster. BOO

Does anyone know when/if the HOF coins will be made available for order? Or if they are available, how do I order one?

Also, relative to below and the discussion re killthecan and to "stay away from it", just curious, why? not knowing any of the history, were this site and the other ever the same and there was some kind of split?

Edited by tmaiberger