Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killerattorney

Customizing Your Profile

EDITING YOUR PROFILE INFORMATION

After clicking on "My Controls" on the top right of the screen, scroll down on the next page to where you see "Edit Profile Information" and click on it. To edit your profile, you must first enter the date you quit using smokeless tobacco. Enter it in the exact format as indicated (MM-DD-YYYY). This may have been done when you first registered, but if not (or if your quit date changes), fill in this information first. When you do this, you will then activate the "Quit Day Tracker" which will keep track of how many days you have been quit. This number will appear on the top left of each screen beside your username.

After you put in your quit date, you can provide other information that you choose if you wish other members to be able to see it. This includes such things as your date of birth, gender, website url, ICQ, AOL, Yahoo and/or MSN Messenger identity, your location, and your interests. All of these are voluntary, but it might be useful to include some of these so that others can see where you're from or what your interests are. When you have provided the information you choose, scroll down to the bottom and click "Amend My Profile."

At any time, you are free to come back and amend any or all of these categories.

EDITING YOUR PERSONAL PORTAL INFORMATION

After clicking on "My Controls" on the top right of the screen, scroll down on the next page to where you see "Edit Personal Portal Information" and click on it. On the next page, you will see that you can enter a "Personal Statement" (limited to 300 characters). You can also set your notification options when you get new comments or new friends. You can choose to be notified by PM, by email, or to not be notified at all. Also, you can select whether your approval is needed or not prior to a comment or friend being added to your profile.

EDITING YOUR SIGNATURE

After clicking on "My Controls" on the top right of the screen, scroll down on the next page to where you see "Edit Signature" and click on it. Your signature is what will appear on each of your posts on the forum or on your personal messages. While a signature is not mandatory, if you choose to have one, just type in the box what you want to include in the same procedure that you use when posting messages or PM's. When you are finished, scroll down and click on "Update My Signature". Keep in mind that all signatures must conform to the Board Guidelines.

EDITING YOUR AVATAR

An avatar is the picture you see beside someone's name by each message they post on the forum. After clicking on "My Controls" on the top right of the screen, scroll down on the next page to where you see "Edit Avatar Settings" and click on it. On the next page, you can add or change your avatar. You can either choose one of the avatars in our galleries, upload an avatar by entering the URL address to an online avatar image, or just upload an image from your own computer. All images must be no bigger than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size, and no larger than 50 KB. Only the following file types are allowed: gif, jpg, jpeg, and png. Once you have chosen or uploaded your avatar, click the "Update Avatar" button and this adds your avatar to all of your posts, PM's and your profile. If you wish, you can change your avatar at any time following these directions, or click the "Remove Avatar" button if you decide you no longer wish to have an avatar at all. All pics should conform to the Board Guidelines.

CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL PHOTOo

After clicking on "My Controls" on the top right of the screen, scroll down on the next page to where you see "Change Personal Photo" and click on it. Here you can add a photo to be used in your profile which is viewable by other board members. The photos must be no larger than 100 KB, nor bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels. Click the "Browse" button to find the pic on yoru computer that you wish to use, select it, then click on "Update Photo". You can use this same procedure later on if you decide to change your picture. Click on "Remove Photo" if you no longer wish to include a photo on your profile. All personal photos should conform to the Board Guidelines.

CHANGING YOUR DISPLAY

After clicking on "My Controls" on the top right of the screen, scroll down on the next page to where you see "Change Display Name" and click on it. This is not to change your username, which is what you type in when you log on. It is the name that others will see when you post messages or send PM's. Type in the new display name in the box (up to 26 characters are allowed). You cannot use the characters [ ] | , ; or $. Nor can you use a name already in use. Once you type in the new display name, enter your current password, then click "Continue". It is not recommended that you change your name very often. It will be difficult for fellow members to keep track of who you are. IMPORTANT - you are only allowed ONE name change in a 30 day period. If you make a mistake in your display name or just decide you do not like it, you will NOT be able to change it until the 30 day time period passes. Nor can the staff at QSSN change it for you. So be careful in making any changes to your display name, and keep in mind that all display names must conform to Board Guidelines.