Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
CopeWithoutCope

Writing for His Life

Blocked writer overcomes; brings you the ongoing crap below.

Does it for the first time WITHOUT chewing tobacco.

Edited by CopeWithoutCope

CWC - the greatest distance in life is the space between a man's heart and mind. Let not your heart be troubled and set your mind free... you don't need the Nic Bitch. You only miss the good-old times together.

You can write and you do it damn well! I feel like I'm reading a movie script already!

Stay strong bro... you've always had what it takes and you can't take that away!

Edited by Ranger

CWC - the greatest distance in life is the space between a man's heart and mind. Let not your heart be troubled and set your mind free... you don't need the Nic Bitch. You only miss the good-old times together.

You can write and you do it damn well! I feel like I'm reading a movie script already!

Stay strong bro... you've always had what it takes and you can't take that away!

Preciate the words of wisdon and support. Chapter 4 down!

Still rough and raw overall, but Chapter 6 is down.

Added "addendum" to Chapter 6--without chew.

Stay on my case, fuckers. It ain't easy to quit chewing tobacco ... and it ain't easy to write a first-draft novel. Chapter 8 and 9 down. Just trying to move the story forward--one day at a time.

How many chapters are you anticipating?

Why, sick of the story already? B)^_^

My outline calls for about 25 or 26. The chapters are going to start getting longer as I go while the pace will pick up. There won't be as many quick cut-aways. Our mongoose and cobra will be stuck in close quarters and the psychological stress factors will start to force intense conflict between them.

You know the drill. It's one of steady discipline--the drill itself never delivering gratification.

Chapter 11 down.

Will give you a tour of the next-generation space station next. Soon I hope, but it's exhausting work. Madness.

CWC

Whack the side of the TV... always worked for my dad... even if the trouble was NOT in his set!

Still experiencing difficulties?

I've taken the storytelling exercise offline--but I am still working furiously on it. My intent was to draft the story here on the site (just for the scrutiny of QSSN members) but then I realized the story was appearing on the Worldwide Web for the world at large and I didn't want that. If and when I find a publisher, I can update everyone on possible release of the novel. Thank you.

Still experiencing difficulties?

I've taken the storytelling exercise offline--but I am still working furiously on it. My intent was to draft the story here on the site (just for the scrutiny of QSSN members) but then I realized the story was appearing on the Worldwide Web for the world at large and I didn't want that. If and when I find a publisher, I can update everyone on possible release of the novel. Thank you.

It was searchable or someone was cutting and pasting?

Shit--nobody ever seems to be using the Live Chat feature on this site.

Donnie, thank you for the comments you left me, I only just saw them now.

My muse is here so I'll take the next chapter off-line. Focusing without dip is hard, but you just gotta start typing and FOCUS without it!

Shit--nobody ever seems to be using the Live Chat feature on this site.

Donnie, thank you for the comments you left me, I only just saw them now.

My muse is here so I'll take the next chapter off-line. Focusing without dip is hard, but you just gotta start typing and FOCUS without it!

When I'm at home I always keep a lookout for someone to jump into the chat. If I see someone in there I always go. When I'm at work, like now, I am unable to use the chat function.

You haven't heard a murmur from me in this column for a while. This update is as much for me as is it is for anyone. Seven pages of my latest novel completed tonight, all offline. That ties a record for output for one day. What's amazing is that my concentration and productivity are now rivaling states only previously achieved while dipping.

I hope to make the fruits of these "chewlessly gutsy" efforts available to any interested subscribers on the site someday for feedback. But for now it's rest up and prepare for tomorrow.

It did help immensely that I just got the most spot-on, kick-ass review on Amazon for my first book (2007). If it was one of you, thank you!

CWC

Research ongoing, and a couple of new pages tonight/this morning. I'm jacked up on coffee, but not dipping. Fight of my life, fellas.

Hope all of you party animals drank responsibly tonight: One delicious Spaten Premium was all for me. See you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Cope

Without

Cope

A couple new pages yesterday and I continue my yarn tonight. The late-great Michael Crichton once planted a very practical piece of advice in a USA Today magazine story. He said he motivated himself to write with a chant of "Ass2Chair, Ass2Chair, Ass2Chair." What I think he meant was to turn off the TV and tune out all that's happened during one's day. Plug yourself into that chair and start typing.

See ya later.

"Ass2Chair. Ass2Chair. Ass2Chair. ..."