Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ohioman1972

Random thoughts

Thought we could use a random thoughts thread...

Edited by Ohioman1972

I think that with all of the advertising and support the tobacco companies use to keep us hooked, we need this support to help us stay quit.

Donnie

i never see blatant advertising for Chew. only for cigs.... i'm not a big smoker of anything... i think i smoked a cigar on my graduation with my classmates (then packed a fat chew by myself when i got home) but other than the occasional cigar, and EXTREMELY seldom cigarette, i dont smoke at all.

one of the bars around my campus, however, has a US Smokeless promotion team that comes out every monday to do promos. they would sit there, and have you fill out surveys, and they would give out Skoal t-shirts and free tins. we used to go just for the free tins....

but i digress to my random thought....

Is nicotine an additive in tobacco, or is it naturally occurring? I personally wish they made dip from tobacco leaves that had no nic, or fiberglass, or any other addatives in it. would that be safe? i dont know... but think of how much easier it would be to quit if they had this... same taste, same texture, no nic.... i'm no scientist, so i dont know if this is possible, but it would be great...

Is nicotine an additive in tobacco, or is it naturally occurring? I personally wish they made dip from tobacco leaves that had no nic, or fiberglass, or any other addatives in it. would that be safe? i dont know... but think of how much easier it would be to quit if they had this... same taste, same texture, no nic.... i'm no scientist, so i dont know if this is possible, but it would be great...

I suppose if there was no nicotine, tobacco would be a foul tasting, smelly weed and we would never have put it in our mouths in the first place. I don't remember being so keen on the taste when I first started chewing. Granted that has been over 30 years ago.

Donnie

Just had a moolatte from DQ. MMMMM-mmmmm good!

Now that sounds good.

when ROCKING is OUTLAWED, only the OUTLAWS will ROCK

when ROCKING is OUTLAWED, only the OUTLAWS will ROCK

Throw up your rawkfist if you're feelin it when I drop this.

I'm sleeping well again and am out of the fog. The craves are generally manageable. All other areas of my life are rocking along. Life is good!!.

Now if I could easily lose the 15 pounds I gained from this and the 10 pounds I let myself put on over the winter, my clothes would fit again.

I'm sleeping well again and am out of the fog. The craves are generally manageable. All other areas of my life are rocking along. Life is good!!.

Now if I could easily lose the 15 pounds I gained from this and the 10 pounds I let myself put on over the winter, my clothes would fit again.

It's all for the good.

I haven't lost a single pound and I've run over 80 miles since my quit.

~Ican

It's all for the good.

~Ican

I'm also a runner and what surprised me is I was able to gain weight running about 12 miles a week. This time of year I'm usually getting back in shape and losing the little weight I put on over the winter.

Donnie

Edited by Donnie

It's all for the good.

~Ican

I'm also a runner and what surprised me is I was able to gain weight running about 12 miles a week. This time of year I'm usually getting back in shape and losing the little weight I put on over the winter.

Donnie

You should most up on MAD (Miles Against Dip) roll call in the Fitness section to keep track of the miles you're putting on while quit.

I've noticed you've been using this site a lot and haven't stepped in there. Thought it might be another thing for you to keep track of. I guess I'm just trying to recruit fellow runners there.

Anyways, I'm sure we'll eventually both be able to do more portion control as we head toward the HOF.

~Ican

It's all for the good.

~Ican

Donnie

You should most up on MAD (Miles Against Dip) roll call in the Fitness section to keep track of the miles you're putting on while quit.

I've noticed you've been using this site a lot and haven't stepped in there. Thought it might be another thing for you to keep track of. I guess I'm just trying to recruit fellow runners there.

Anyways, I'm sure we'll eventually both be able to do more portion control as we head toward the HOF.

~Ican

Thanks, Ican.

I'm thinking as the craves start to subside and we learn when to quit eating again with out putting in a dip, our eating patterns will go back to semi-normal. Either that or I'm going to get so fat, I'll cause mini earthquakes with every step. I checked out MAD and posted my run from this morning. I decided not to try to recreate the last month.

Donnie

Thanks, Ican.

I'm thinking as the craves start to subside and we learn when to quit eating again with out putting in a dip, our eating patterns will go back to semi-normal. Either that or I'm going to get so fat, I'll cause mini earthquakes with every step. I checked out MAD and posted my run from this morning. I decided not to try to recreate the last month.

Donnie

I saw that. Good deal. It inspires me to run when I see others posting their runs. I'm in training for my 1st 1/2 marathon in June.

I'm trying to eat healthier and stay away from the beer......I know the weight will eventually come off.

If you haven't been in the market for the past 60 days, you've really missed out on some nice profits or recoveries!

If there is an Austin Powers 4, will Dr Evil become Dr Good?

That is truly a random thought.

Steven Wright is the king of random thoughts.

One of my heroes.

One of my heroes.

Better yet will minnie me get some B)

One of my heroes.

Remember he got Britney Spear's number at the end of 3...

One of my heroes.

^_^ ya and she can use the money ^_^

One of my heroes.

Better yet will minnie me get some ^_^

B) ya and she can use the money ^_^

Any action with a minnie me in Brittany would be like waving a flag in space! ^_^

Sometimes I think that life is just some giant cosmic TV show in which I'm the star, and the audience is seeing how I react to situations and the other characters in it. But the intergalactic director of the show has not made the best choices in casting, and the plot sometimes is not too exciting. I just hope the show doesn't get canceled before the season is even over.