Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wyoming4life

Where did you serve?

I have often wondered if any of the guys I served with might wander into QSSN. Hell we all chewed, maybe Avi, Mac, Doug, Tony, Franco, or so many others are here and I don't even know it.

• Like 1

Wyoming4life ~ Air Force 88-92 ~ 341 OMMS Missile Maint. Techs. Malmstrom AFB. MT

Edited by Wyoming4life

Wyoming4life ~ Air Force 88-92 ~ 341 OMMS Missile Maint. Techs. Malmstrom AFB. MT

Satchmo - Army - 87 to 91 / 33T with the 108 MI Btln in Wildflecken Germany

Donnie - Army - 1981-85 3/60 ADA Grafenwohr Germany and 4th S&T Fort Carson, Colorado.

Donnie - Army - 1981-85 3/60 ADA Grafenwohr Germany and 4th S&T Fort Carson, Colorado.

SerenityMan - 1985-1990 - Defense Language Institute, monterey, CA; Goodfellow AFB, TX, West Berlin, Germany

SerenityMan - 1985-1990 - Defense Language Institute, monterey, CA; Goodfellow AFB, TX, West Berlin, Germany

Truckerick - Army - 1974 thru 1980 - Infantry, Airborne, Armor, Driver, Drill Instructor.

Ft. Knox, Ft. Polk, Ft. Benning, Ft. Campbell, Ft. Hood, Mainz Germany and finished out with the 104th training division in Bellingham, WA.

Satchmo - Germany

Donnie - Germany

SerenityMan - Germany

Truckerick - Germany

I'm thinking I must have really missed something by not going to Germany

Satchmo - Germany

Donnie - Germany

SerenityMan - Germany

Truckerick - Germany

I'm thinking I must have really missed something by not going to Germany

rodeo timer - I've never been to Germany either...all over south Korea, Italy, currently working on my 24th year in the Wyoming Army National Guard.

Truckerick - Army - 1974 thru 1980 - Infantry, Airborne, Armor, Driver, Drill Instructor.

Ft. Knox, Ft. Polk, Ft. Benning, Ft. Campbell, Ft. Hood, Mainz Germany and finished out with the 104th training division in Bellingham, WA.

Libo1369-USMC 97-01, 0331 Machine gunner 2/4 WPNS Camp Pendleton CA: Navy 08-Present O-1 on HPSP scholarship.

Libo1369-USMC 97-01, 0331 Machine gunner 2/4 WPNS Camp Pendleton CA: Navy 08-Present O-1 on HPSP scholarship.

CWQ - USMC, 81-86, 1341, heavy equipment mechanic

Euty ~ US Navy, 1971-1980, Sonar Techician 1st Class (E6). USS Brumby (DE1044), USS South Carolina (CGN37), Naval Underwater Systems Center (CT)

Euty ~ US Navy, 1971-1980, Sonar Techician 1st Class (E6). USS Brumby (DE1044), USS South Carolina (CGN37), Naval Underwater Systems Center (CT)

3BD ~ US Navy, 88-92, Machinist Mate 2nd Class - Engine Room MMOW & EOOW. USS Emory S. Land (AS-39). Ex-Nuc.

3BD ~ US Navy, 88-92, Machinist Mate 2nd Class - Engine Room MMOW & EOOW. USS Emory S. Land (AS-39). Ex-Nuc.

Mwg327 - Air Force 90-96 - Euro-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training - 80th FTW - Sheppard AFB, TX

Mwg327 - Air Force 90-96 - Euro-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training - 80th FTW - Sheppard AFB, TX

Ranger - Army 90-07 - Various locations; Special Operations and 75th Ranger Regiment

Ranger - Army 90-07 - Various locations; Special Operations and 75th Ranger Regiment

Rodeo timer - all over south Korea, Italy, currently working on my 24th year in the Wyoming Army National Guard.

Edited by Wyoming4life

Hey Question for all you vets

Is there a separate place to become a Marine Officer, or is it also through USMA?

You do not have to go to a USMA to become an officer in any branch. You can even go in enlisted and later become an officer. Talk to your recruiter and I think you'll find a wide variety of paths.

But if this is what you really want to do and you're still in High School, then shoot for the moon and become the creme de la creme through one of the academy's. And of course, if it's the Marines you want, that will be the U.S. Naval Academy.

And Kid, if you can make it into the USNA to become a Marine Officer, I will support your young dumb ass in every possible way that I can... because I think that is really cool beans!

Edited by 3boysdad

Is there a separate place to become a Marine Officer, or is it also through USMA?

You do not have to go to a USMA to become an officer in any branch. You can even go in enlisted and later become an officer. Talk to your recruiter and I think you'll find a wide variety of paths.

But if this is what you really want to do and you're still in High School, then shoot for the moon and become the creme de la creme through one of the academy's. And of course, if it's the Marines you want, that will be the U.S. Naval Academy.

And Kid, if you can make it into the USNA to become a Marine Officer, I will support your young dumb ass in every possible way that I can... because I think that is really cool beans!

Kid, I agree with 3BD fully. If you can get into any of the academies, that by itself is quite an achievement. We kid around about what academy and what branch of service is best but the honor of being a member of the U.S. Military is outstanding regardless of branch.

Kid, I agree with 3BD fully. If you can get into any of the academies, that by itself is quite an achievement. We kid around about what academy and what branch of service is best but the honor of being a member of the U.S. Military is outstanding regardless of branch.

WAIT WAIT WAIT...................................

DO YOU NEED 20/20 UNCORRECTED VISION TO BE IN THE ARMY? that may fucking ruin my life if I can't apply. I mean mines not terrible but I am slightly near sighted

DO YOU NEED 20/20 UNCORRECTED VISION TO BE IN THE ARMY? that may fucking ruin my life if I can't apply. I mean mines not terrible but I am slightly near sighted

No, you don't need perfect vision. I don't know what the cut off is for how bad of vision you can have for the Army and some jobs require better vision then others. I didn't need glasses 24 years ago when I got out but I had quite a few friends who did. The Army issued them the ugliest glasses you ever saw. We called them "birth control glasses". If you only need slight vision correction you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I don't think it's that restrictive anymore unless you want to scream an F-18. Research the recuiting requirements of all your interests on the web and then go and see your counselor as well as your local recruiter. That's what I would do. Talking to a recuiter is not as scary as you might imagine.

No, you don't need perfect vision. I don't know what the cut off is for how bad of vision you can have for the Army and some jobs require better vision then others. I didn't need glasses 24 years ago when I got out but I had quite a few friends who did. The Army issued them the ugliest glasses you ever saw. We called them "birth control glasses". If you only need slight vision correction you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Okay cause I was doing research and saw that somewhere and thought I might actually break down and cry! Shut down due to lack of 20/20... (shudders)

Okay cause I was doing research and saw that somewhere and thought I might actually break down and cry! Shut down due to lack of 20/20... (shudders)

I can tell you that I had 20/400 vision when I joined the USMC. It just has to be correctable to 20/20 there isn't a specefic cut off. For Vision that I know of.

Rodeo timer - all over south Korea, Italy, currently working on my 24th year in the Wyoming Army National Guard.

steppinup - USMC 1966 -1970 - Air Traffic Controller, MCAS Yuma Az

You would only need to have 20/20 uncorrected vision ( perfect vision) if you want to be a pilot. Other than that you are fine if you have corrected vision.