Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

The Cafe - 2010

Hey ya'll. I just wanted to jump on here and post a comment about this quitting snuff. I used Copenhagen and Red Man for 23 yrs. I tried to quit once but I wasn't "ready". I used to not care about what people thought about me and my habits, to hell with em. I now have a beautiful wife, a beautiful step son and another son on the way. They all mean a hell of a lot more to me than snuff ever has. I quit on 12/29/2009 because I was "ready". Have I wanted some? Sure. Could have killed for one New Years Eve with my crown and coke. It ain't about me anymore. Its about my wife and 2 sons, period. It is hard to quit but it would be harder to watch my family hurt because I was stubborn or stupid. My family is my REASON..

I hope it's enough. Family was never enough reason for me to make it. You may want to explore doing it for yourself. Or God. Either way, easy does it. Willingness is what it's all about.

You Know Brian?, I was thinkin about this very thing on the way home today. Just one wrong word from the wife and "I'll show her!" but my quit this time is for ME! It's a whole lot different when you are honest with yourself.

Hey ya'll. I just wanted to jump on here and post a comment about this quitting snuff. I used Copenhagen and Red Man for 23 yrs. I tried to quit once but I wasn't "ready". I used to not care about what people thought about me and my habits, to hell with em. I now have a beautiful wife, a beautiful step son and another son on the way. They all mean a hell of a lot more to me than snuff ever has. I quit on 12/29/2009 because I was "ready". Have I wanted some? Sure. Could have killed for one New Years Eve with my crown and coke. It ain't about me anymore. Its about my wife and 2 sons, period. It is hard to quit but it would be harder to watch my family hurt because I was stubborn or stupid. My family is my REASON..

I hope it's enough. Family was never enough reason for me to make it. You may want to explore doing it for yourself. Or God. Either way, easy does it. Willingness is what it's all about.

You Know Brian?, I was thinkin about this very thing on the way home today. Just one wrong word from the wife and "I'll show her!" but my quit this time is for ME! It's a whole lot different when you are honest with yourself.

Yep. That's the reason for my last 6 or 10 failed quits. I never fully intended to quit any of those times, I just didn't want to give her a reason to start a fight. I still quit for her partially, but my quit is for me as well now, not only the family. It sounds a little selfish, but how selfish am I to keep dipping and probably deprive my kids of a father, with nothing to show for it but a wad of poison in my mouth?

Yep. That's the reason for my last 6 or 10 failed quits. I never fully intended to quit any of those times, I just didn't want to give her a reason to start a fight. I still quit for her partially, but my quit is for me as well now, not only the family. It sounds a little selfish, but how selfish am I to keep dipping and probably deprive my kids of a father, with nothing to show for it but a wad of poison in my mouth?

Are you being "selfish" when you brush your teeth? Pop a zit? Comb your hair? I think, not. Uh, gee Mr. Peabody, let's get in the way-back-machine.... to a time when we didn't chew. Remember your youth? If you never stuck it in your mouth, you'd never miss it.

- The World According to Truckerick

Edited by Truckerick

Has anyone ever thought about waiting until they'er about 80 years old to start dipping again? I was thinking... well hell when I'm 80 or so what will it matter! So all I gotta do is not DIP

for another 33 years!

I have serious experience with that one. I'm a recovering alcoholic. Just so you know, quitting alcohol wasn't as tough as quitting nicotine, at least when you compare their craving "punch" power. That exact thought - that I could wait until age 80 to have a drink again - was stuck in my mind. Before you know it, that changed to age 70, then 50, then I got to the point where I said "F*** it."

It took me 2 weeks to go from 80 to drunk. It took me a long time to get sober again.

It's common, but quit screwing around with those thoughts. As far as I'm concerned this is and always will be just for today. Anything more and I might as well save the mental contortions and go buy a can of Cope, because my addiction will have me twisted into thinking it's good for me in no time flat.

--------------------------------

THANKS SERENITYMAN: Those thoughts I had were the thoughts of someone addicted to nic. One day...everyday it is bro. Take care! Malcolm

Hi,

I dont really get this forum format with one long topic. It doesnt seem very user friendly. Anyway...

Im back. I was first here 8 or so years ago. Its been so long I cant remember and I cant remember what my forum name was so ive re-registered.

Anyway, long story short, I dipped snuff for years until i got fed up with it back 8(or so) years ago. Had a tough time stopping, but i did.

Until this past April. Where i started again. Of course it was going to be a one time thing, but I liked it so much i kept going. Well, the wife isnt happy and ive been promising id quit, so yesterday was my 1st dip free day since April.

This time seems tough, because to be honest, i wasnt really ready to quit like the last time. The last time, i was just sick of dipping and didnt enjoy it any more. I cant say that now.

Also, the 1st time i quit cold turkey. Yesterday i picked up some Nic Gum. Cant say i really like the gum and it doesnt really satisfy, but i guess it helps.

Wish me luck.

Edited by Bonz

Hi,

I dont really get this forum format with one long topic. It doesnt seem very user friendly. Anyway...

Im back. I was first here 8 or so years ago. Its been so long I cant remember and I cant remember what my forum name was so ive re-registered.

Anyway, long story short, I dipped snuff for years until i got fed up with it back 8(or so) years ago. Had a tough time stopping, but i did.

Until this past April. Where i started again. Of course it was going to be a one time thing, but I liked it so much i kept going. Well, the wife isnt happy and ive been promising id quit, so yesterday was my 1st dip free day since April.

This time seems tough, because to be honest, i wasnt really ready to quit like the last time. The last time, i was just sick of dipping and didnt enjoy it any more. I cant say that now.

Also, the 1st time i quit cold turkey. Yesterday i picked up some Nic Gum. Cant say i really like the gum and it doesnt really satisfy, but i guess it helps.

Wish me luck.

Good luck buddy, get on over to the April 2010 HOF class and post roll call!!

Hi,

Wish me luck.

You do not really sound like you want to quit. Nothing wrong with quitting for someone else, but the primary person should be yourself in my opinion. If you have been here before then join the quit group that fits your quit date and post up.

Good luck.

Has anyone ever thought about waiting until they'er about 80 years old to start dipping again? I was thinking... well hell when I'm 80 or so what will it matter! So all I gotta do is not DIP

for another 33 years!

I have serious experience with that one. I'm a recovering alcoholic. Just so you know, quitting alcohol wasn't as tough as quitting nicotine, at least when you compare their craving "punch" power. That exact thought - that I could wait until age 80 to have a drink again - was stuck in my mind. Before you know it, that changed to age 70, then 50, then I got to the point where I said "F*** it."

It took me 2 weeks to go from 80 to drunk. It took me a long time to get sober again.

It's common, but quit screwing around with those thoughts. As far as I'm concerned this is and always will be just for today. Anything more and I might as well save the mental contortions and go buy a can of Cope, because my addiction will have me twisted into thinking it's good for me in no time flat.

TY For Your post on this SERENITYMAN.

Hi,

Wish me luck.

THAT'S the attitude! Go get 'em Tiger! ROOOOWWR! B)

Hi,

Wish me luck.

You do not really sound like you want to quit. Nothing wrong with quitting for someone else, but the primary person should be yourself in my opinion. If you have been here before then join the quit group that fits your quit date and post up.

Good luck.

Youre right. I dont. Wish i had a dip right now....its not as bad as last night, and i havent had any of the gum in about 4 hours, but dang im drinking and have a pizza coming right now!!! lol. And i dont have to drive to get to a store that sells snuff.

Last time, i was really sick of dipping. I didnt get any pleasure. Im not at that point now. Im basically doing it so my wife wont drive me nuts.

I dont remember my "1st quit date" ..but im guessing 2001 or so. I could find out, but it was drag up a negative memory for a friend..lol.

Besides...shouldnt it be Hall of Shame?

Or do you mean my NEW quit date? Im guess thats what u mean. But seriously...these forums are Effed up. They make no sense in their layout, and no im not an interweb noob. Why not a have a regular forum, with topics...not one long stupid, fucking thread.

Edited by Bonz

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

Youre right. I dont. Wish i had a dip right now....its not as bad as last night, and i havent had any of the gum in about 4 hours, but dang im drinking and have a pizza coming right now!!! lol. And i dont have to drive to get to a store that sells snuff.

Last time, i was really sick of dipping. I didnt get any pleasure. Im not at that point now. Im basically doing it so my wife wont drive me nuts.

I dont remember my "1st quit date" ..but im guessing 2001 or so. I could find out, but it was drag up a negative memory for a friend..lol.

Or do you mean my NEW quit date? Im guess thats what u mean. But seriously...these forums are Effed up. They make no sense in their layout, and no im not an interweb noob. Why not a have a regular forum, with topics...not one long stupid, fucking thread.

OK, I'm game. Let me play master of the obvious: You don't want to quit. You want one right now. Your big reason is to get the "Ball & Chain" off your back. Drinking doesn't help a man's will-power, but I'm assuming you know that, having been a successful quitter before. You don't like the site set-up - I have to believe you are speaking of ignorance on this one, because there are numerous forums with specific topics, filled with a motivated, willing, caring brotherhood of dedicated quitters.

If I send you $5.00 will you please go away? I mean, it could be a lot of fun using you to show newbies how to do every single thing wrong, but do either of us really want to go there?

bye-bye. seeyoulater. (That was my Shrek voice)

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

OK, I'm game. Let me play master of the obvious: You don't want to quit. You want one right now. Your big reason is to get the "Ball & Chain" off your back. Drinking doesn't help a man's will-power, but I'm assuming you know that, having been a successful quitter before. You don't like the site set-up - I have to believe you are speaking of ignorance on this one, because there are numerous forums with specific topics, filled with a motivated, willing, caring brotherhood of dedicated quitters.

If I send you $5.00 will you please go away? I mean, it could be a lot of fun using you to show newbies how to do every single thing wrong, but do either of us really want to go there?

Yeah, i take PayPal.

I just wish there was a general forum about quitting dipping, with many different topics listed, that may be relevant to different people in different situations, instread of one topic...with 5,000 posts to sift thru that many of which miight not be relevant.

If im missing that forum, id love to be directed to it.

thanks

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

Yeah, i take PayPal.

I just wish there was a general forum about quitting dipping, with many different topics listed, that may be relevant to different people in different situations, instread of one topic...with 5,000 posts to sift thru that many of which miight not be relevant.

If im missing that forum, id love to be directed to it.

thanks

Do you mean the cafe?

You need to get out of the cafe to go to other threads...

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

I think what you may be looking for is just the general board area, not the cafe area. The way I get there is

1. quitsmokeless.org

2. click live chat on the left.

3. members only community is where you would find the most recent quit group and all of the others as well (and that is what I was referring to)

4. There are lots of other areas of topics as well to peruse.

Hall of Fame or Shame? Makes absolutely no difference to me what its called to be honest, but if you want to call it hall of shame go for it. As you have admitted if you are not ready then quitting for someone else solely will likely not work. I hope it works for you if you decide to quit though. Good luck.

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

I think what you may be looking for is just the general board area, not the cafe area. The way I get there is

1. quitsmokeless.org

3. members only community is where you would find the most recent quit group and all of the others as well (and that is what I was referring to)

Hall of Fame or Shame? Makes absolutely no difference to me what its called to be honest, but if you want to call it hall of shame go for it. As you have admitted if you are not ready then quitting for someone else solely will likely not work. I hope it works for you if you decide to quit though. Good luck.

let me be clear....Hall of Shame refers to me having quit so long ago only to relapse...shameful.

I think i found what your talking about...HoF April 2010....is this it? http://forum.qssn.org/index.php?showtopic=936&st=0

too be honest, sifting thru multiple pages of jokes about Cleveland Steamers does me no good. Hey, you want to have a thread about Cleveland Steamers, fine with me, but why should everyone have to deal with that to get to a topic that interests them...my point is the thread structure isnt very logical. I stand by that....or maybe im still missing it.

Edited by Bonz

Who do I email that can make a change to an account from an administration aspect? I was fooling around and thinking about changing my name and without meaning to, I changed it to my real name. Since the website is set up for us to only have 1 name change a month I am currently stuck. I just dont really want to be posting for the next thirty days using my real name.

Whoever answers my question, thank you.

just finished up day 11 of my quit and its going awesome.

Who do I email that can make a change to an account from an administration aspect? I was fooling around and thinking about changing my name and without meaning to, I changed it to my real name. Since the website is set up for us to only have 1 name change a month I am currently stuck. I just dont really want to be posting for the next thirty days using my real name.

Whoever answers my question, thank you.

just finished up day 11 of my quit and its going awesome.

Don't know if he can do anything about it, but you should send a PM to Flavious Victor. You can also find him in the 020304 old timer's thread. He's the big daddy creator of the site.

Grats on your 11 days by the way. That's a great start to a fantastic new life. You'll have a few challenges along the path to freedom but trust me... every day you stay clean is so worth the effort.

Stay Strong

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

1. quitsmokeless.org

let me be clear....Hall of Shame refers to me having quit so long ago only to relapse...shameful.

I think i found what your talking about...HoF April 2010....is this it? http://forum.qssn.org/index.php?showtopic=936&st=0

too be honest, sifting thru multiple pages of jokes about Cleveland Steamers does me no good. Hey, you want to have a thread about Cleveland Steamers, fine with me, but why should everyone have to deal with that to get to a topic that interests them...my point is the thread structure isnt very logical. I stand by that....or maybe im still missing it.

Not even sure what a cleveland steamer is. guess I will have to either wade through the pages in the April 10 group or google it (not sure i want to here a work though). I personally view this site is a tool to use. Take from it and return what you wish. I have found it helpful in what I hope is the last time I quit (never been this long before in the past 20 or so years).

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

1. quitsmokeless.org

Not even sure what a cleveland steamer is. guess I will have to either wade through the pages in the April 10 group or google it (not sure i want to here a work though). I personally view this site is a tool to use. Take from it and return what you wish. I have found it helpful in what I hope is the last time I quit (never been this long before in the past 20 or so years).

I think this guy is yanking everyone's chain.

Bonz, if you go to the General Discussions area, I think you'll find a layout that's more to your liking.

There are a number of different "forums" in there where people like you can start your own topics or just read through some different discussions. The Cafe and the Quit Groups are specific areas for a specific purpose, and, we created them in that way so they would support that purpose; Which is, to serve as a rolling roll-call.

While we may expand the quit groups to allow posting of new topics, the Cafe will stay like it is for the foreseeable future.

Hi,

Wish me luck.

Good luck.

1. quitsmokeless.org

I think this guy is yanking everyone's chain.

maybe so, but I did see him post in the April 10 group (where there are clearly some rage issues going on).

Serenity, noticed you live/are from Huber Heights, I lived in Ketterinig for about 3 years.

I have a question -

I'm a member of the Feb 2008 group - all the members of my group are gone lol ImSkratty

post over there so I wont be alone but really I think maybe the admin could put a sticky note

there saying "merged with xyz group". I've been posting some over at the May 2007 group but

you get my point right? Day after day of a one member group....

Any suggestions? I'm hesitant to just stop posting there in case one of the guys finds his way back.

I have a question -

I'm a member of the Feb 2008 group - all the members of my group are gone lol ImSkratty

post over there so I wont be alone but really I think maybe the admin could put a sticky note

there saying "merged with xyz group". I've been posting some over at the May 2007 group but

Any suggestions? I'm hesitant to just stop posting there in case one of the guys finds his way back.

Post in the Hall of Famers Hangout

I have a question -

Post in the Hall of Famers Hangout

Personally, I think the HOFH is a dull thud. Mostly just people posting roll, which is fine, but if you want some general conversation, you're going to have to find it elsewhere. I've branched out from my original quit group (Jan. 07, LTQ) because the conversation has waned. Look around, you'll find active groups. I still post roll in my original group, but don't linger if there's no discussion going on.

I have a question -

Oh, and I posted a notice in a few groups, suggesting a merging of several quit groups. Never got much of a reply. For now, I think we're all on our own as far as seeking "merged" quit groups.