Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

The Cafe - 2010

It's a beautiful day to be quit.

It's always a beautiful day to be quit. Come join us.

B)

B)

Saturday is quit day, 16 years of dipping, too many attempts to quit to count, man - I hope this works!!!

Edited by Nummah

B)

Saturday is quit day, 16 years of dipping, too many attempts to quit to count, man - I hope this works!!!

I hope to see you quit and post up. Saturday is good but today is better. If you start today you will be three days up by Saturday. Regardless, most of quitting is mental. Set your mind and do what you need to do to keep it out of your mouth. It isn't hope that keeps you quit but mental toughness and will power. This addiction is hard to kick and it takes determination, a positive mental attitude. If you have your mind right, you can quit. This site will give you a ton of support and knowledge you can use to give you a better chance at quitting.

Well, today's the first day of my attempt to quit. Anyone have any advice? i've been chewing gum and spittin seeds all day but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm always willing to listen.

Well, today's the first day of my attempt to quit. Anyone have any advice? i've been chewing gum and spittin seeds all day but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm always willing to listen.

Sure, we have plenty of suggestions. First, scroll down just a little and read Donnie's response to Nummah. Then keep scrolling down and reading. Go back a page and read that, then back another page. Go to the quit groups and read the posts of the newest quit group, so you know what you can expect when you actually quit. Read the HOF speeches and other member articles. The answer to pretty much any question you ever had can be found somewhere on this site, because we've all been in your shoes and know what it's like to successfully quit using smokeless tobacco. Take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time if necessary. After about 3 days, the nicotine will be out of your system and many of the physical withdrawal symptoms will dissipate. But overcoming the mental cravings is a process that will most likely take many months or even years. Drink lots of water or juice early on to flush the nicotine out of your system. Exercise, if possible, during bad craves. Be very active on the website and get to know your fellow quit group members in September 2010, since they (like you) will reach their 100th day without tobacco during the month of September. Though everyone is free to post here in the Cafe, your quit group is an excellent place to post or read other member's questions about quitting. Stay strong and keep on quitting!

So anyone up for a scheduled chat Friday evening?

10 eastern time, 7 Truckerick time?

Sure, we have plenty of suggestions. First, scroll down just a little and read Donnie's response to Nummah. Then keep scrolling down and reading. Go back a page and read that, then back another page. Go to the quit groups and read the posts of the newest quit group, so you know what you can expect when you actually quit. Read the HOF speeches and other member articles. The answer to pretty much any question you ever had can be found somewhere on this site, because we've all been in your shoes and know what it's like to successfully quit using smokeless tobacco. Take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time if necessary. After about 3 days, the nicotine will be out of your system and many of the physical withdrawal symptoms will dissipate. But overcoming the mental cravings is a process that will most likely take many months or even years. Drink lots of water or juice early on to flush the nicotine out of your system. Exercise, if possible, during bad craves. Be very active on the website and get to know your fellow quit group members in September 2010, since they (like you) will reach their 100th day without tobacco during the month of September. Though everyone is free to post here in the Cafe, your quit group is an excellent place to post or read other member's questions about quitting. Stay strong and keep on quitting!

1- HOF speeches

2- look at the pics of what happens if you keep doing it

3- keep reading what you see on this site

4- ask yourself why you would continue to put a rotten knuckle of dirt in your mouth

This is just a start. This is where I go whenever I have ever thought of a cave. And here I am, with the January, 2010 Jerkwads, 8 months without it. Who wouldhve thunk it. Dont do it.. Be smart and cool like the rest of us. Dont put it in your mouth. It stinks, its dangerous, and its gross. And your better half is proud of you without it. Dont. Just dont.

1- HOF speeches

2- look at the pics of what happens if you keep doing it

3- keep reading what you see on this site

4- ask yourself why you would continue to put a rotten knuckle of dirt in your mouth

This is just a start. This is where I go whenever I have ever thought of a cave. And here I am, with the January, 2010 Jerkwads, 8 months without it. Who wouldhve thunk it. Dont do it.. Be smart and cool like the rest of us. Dont put it in your mouth. It stinks, its dangerous, and its gross. And your better half is proud of you without it. Dont. Just dont.

My suggestion is:

a) don't dip today

b ) when you wake up tomorrow realize two things

1. you didn't wake up thinking "gee, I sure wish I caved yesterday"

2. if I managed to stay quit yesterday, ain't no reason I can't repeat that today.

Tell you what lil bro.... one day at a time is the only way you're gonna beat this thing. Trust me.... I know it aint easy. But I also know that if you use the support found in this site, you'll develop the skills, courage, and confidence to stay quit for the long term.

Stay Strong, one day at a time...

B)

I hope to see you quit and post up. Saturday is good but today is better. If you start today you will be three days up by Saturday. Regardless, most of quitting is mental. Set your mind and do what you need to do to keep it out of your mouth. It isn't hope that keeps you quit but mental toughness and will power. This addiction is hard to kick and it takes determination, a positive mental attitude. If you have your mind right, you can quit. This site will give you a ton of support and knowledge you can use to give you a better chance at quitting.

I hope that by writing that in public you really do commit to quitting on Sat.

Reason I say so is tha I had a plan to quit Sat for about 10 years. Yep, every week went basically like this....

- Mon, I'm quitting on teh way to work. That's it. Toss the dip and woops... Mondays are too stressful, i'll buy a can at lunch and taper down in prep for a weekend quit.

- Tue-Fri, I'd manage go taper back up from 1/2 a can to 2 cans a day.

- Fri; who am I kidding? I can't quit on the weekend. I'll have one last dipfest andquit onMonday.

- I'd chew about 3 cans a day in hopes of quitting on Monday.

- Monday came around and it was teh same miserable realization of failed dreams.

It never got better until I flat out quit. So if you're really gonna quit Saturday, then cool. But if you're lying to yourself, then what's it gonna take for you to finally grab the reigns of freedom?

Yesterday,6-9-10, at 10:30 am I threw out a half tin of Grizzly mint pouches. I am going to quit, if it kills me I'm going to quit. Chewed when I was a kid but stopped, then started again 5 years ago and am totally addicted at 40 years old. Already starting to crave at 6 am. . Really scared of the panic attacks that come when I try to quit, last time(2 months ago) was a killer.

Yesterday,6-9-10, at 10:30 am I threw out a half tin of Grizzly mint pouches. I am going to quit, if it kills me I'm going to quit. Chewed when I was a kid but stopped, then started again 5 years ago and am totally addicted at 40 years old. Already starting to crave at 6 am. . Really scared of the panic attacks that come when I try to quit, last time(2 months ago) was a killer.

Welcome to the site. Quitting is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. Walking away from slaver of the can is not magic, it is determination. If soooo many members can do it with the help of this site, you can too. Click on this September Quit Group link Go in and introduce yourself, post roll using these instructions. Then come back again tomorrow and do it all over again. The September group is who you will hit your hall of fame with. Glad to have you with us and if you have any question please ask.

Welcome to the site. Quitting is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. Walking away from slaver of the can is not magic, it is determination. If soooo many members can do it with the help of this site, you can too. Click on this September Quit Group link Go in and introduce yourself, post roll using these instructions. Then come back again tomorrow and do it all over again. The September group is who you will hit your hall of fame with. Glad to have you with us and if you have any question please ask.

I can guarantee you 1 thing, quitting will NOT kill you but the dip will.

B)

I hope that by writing that in public you really do commit to quitting on Sat.

Reason I say so is tha I had a plan to quit Sat for about 10 years. Yep, every week went basically like this....

- Mon, I'm quitting on teh way to work. That's it. Toss the dip and woops... Mondays are too stressful, i'll buy a can at lunch and taper down in prep for a weekend quit.

- Tue-Fri, I'd manage go taper back up from 1/2 a can to 2 cans a day.

- Fri; who am I kidding? I can't quit on the weekend. I'll have one last dipfest andquit onMonday.

- I'd chew about 3 cans a day in hopes of quitting on Monday.

- Monday came around and it was teh same miserable realization of failed dreams.

It never got better until I flat out quit. So if you're really gonna quit Saturday, then cool. But if you're lying to yourself, then what's it gonna take for you to finally grab the reigns of freedom?

Ain't it funny how all of our minds worked (work) the same way when we are addicted to this crap. I think you just described every dipper, ex-dipper that ever thought about quitting.

My first seven days:

1. Make 30 minute goals

2. log on to this site every time you get a craving

3. make little 5 minute goals inside of your 30 minute goals

4. stay busy

5. log on to this site

if you are still craving the crap, try making a little list of what got you through your first seven days and then post it in The Cafe

Bump

I'll be there

Yesterday,6-9-10, at 10:30 am I threw out a half tin of Grizzly mint pouches. I am going to quit, if it kills me I'm going to quit. Chewed when I was a kid but stopped, then started again 5 years ago and am totally addicted at 40 years old. Already starting to crave at 6 am. . Really scared of the panic attacks that come when I try to quit, last time(2 months ago) was a killer

Well not dead yet thanks to some nasty Smoky Mtn. that I crammed my mouth with today. Crazy, no nicotein at all but the craving left.

Bump

I'll be there

Giddy up! B)

do you just go to "live chat" ???

yes

Hey y'all. Just got started on the forum. Trying to beat the devil you know. Been dipping for 30 years. God when I say that, it doesn't sound possible. Any way hopefully my last dip ever was yesterday.

Hey y'all. Just got started on the forum. Trying to beat the devil you know. Been dipping for 30 years. God when I say that, it doesn't sound possible. Any way hopefully my last dip ever was yesterday.

You've come this far, take another step. Flush all the dip you have down the toilet and destroy the cans. Go to the September 2010 Hall of Fame group and introduce yourself. Then tell yourself that no matter what, you will not dip today. It's after midnight EST so use that. No dip today. Then promise that group by posting roll call. That's what we do here. We don't quit forever here, we quit for today. After 30 years, the addiction will pressure your mind into believing that you can't quit forever.

But that addiction can't convince you that you can't quit for 1 day.

I can quit for today. So can you.

I've done that 458 days in a row, but you don't need to look at that number. You just need to look at today. 24 hours. Yeah, anyone can quit for 24 hours!

Go post roll call - that's what we call making the promise not to dip for today. If yesterday was your last day, then congratulations - you are on day 2. Go tell the quitters in the September 2010 Hall of Fame group - they will reach 100 days quit around the same time as you, and that is called your hall of fame.

Get to know them. Listen to them, and vent to them. Read all the material you can. Believe that you can do it. This next week is going to be hell. You are going to try to rationalize taking just one dip, or that you just aren't strong enough to make it through the day.

Don't listen to that voice. Listen to the voice that brought you here that tells you that YOU WILL DO THIS!!! There is no other option.

Keep close to the site and post up. Post every 5 minutes if you have to. Meet some fellow quitters. Get about 10 phone numbers from your group and some more veteran quitters. You will need those numbers at some point, and someone will need to use yours too.

Now have fun and enjoy this ride - it will be bumpy but if you want it, you can do it.

Its bad this morning. I woke up with shakes and my gut is all twisted up. Been up for 2 hours and its just getting worse. SHIT, what have I done. This Nicki bitch was lying to me all along. I have not got thru a day 5 in the last 5 years. But just as I am typing this I am getting really REALLY pissed and I WILL quit today.

Its bad this morning. I woke up with shakes and my gut is all twisted up. Been up for 2 hours and its just getting worse. SHIT, what have I done. This Nicki bitch was lying to me all along. I have not got thru a day 5 in the last 5 years. But just as I am typing this I am getting really REALLY pissed and I WILL quit today.

That is the way to do it. No matter what it takes, keep nicotine out of your body today!

My first seven days:

1. Make 30 minute goals

2. log on to this site every time you get a craving

3. make little 5 minute goals inside of your 30 minute goals

4. stay busy

5. log on to this site

if you are still craving the crap, try making a little list of what got you through your first seven days and then post it in The Cafe

pretty sage advice if you ask me.