Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

The Cafe - 2010

It's huge..

And my boss and 2 empoyees all just tried making men Chew..

GOD DAMNIT

It's times like that when you find out who your friends are. Some of us can be jerks once in awhile, but we ALL want to see you succeed! We have your back!

Euty ~ Day 1,531

As a recent HOF'er I can empathize with you: a few days in panicky as hell, dark and bleak. You will figure this system out. They didn't exactly spend the moeny on the technology platform, but it really works. Roll call, surf the HOF speeches, the cafe, and get into your new routine: Don't dip, log in to QSSN when the crave is huge... Good luck

It's huge..

And my boss and 2 empoyees all just tried making men Chew..

GOD DAMNIT

I see you posted roll call today. Welcome to the club. There is no acceptable excuse for caving today, you gave everyone your word.

Just wanted to stop by and see if it is actually possible to quit. I was a smoker for 7 years and did Cope long cut on and off mainly with friends on the fire dept I was on. But then I decided to quit smoking which was huge for me but the way I quit was to dip. I know pretty dumb. I thought dip was kind of nasty so it would be a good way to step down from cigs. but I guess I had no common sense when it came to nicotine addiction. So I have decided to finally (try) to give up my tin in my back pocket this coming Thursday 11-11-2010. Honestly I am doing it yeah because I want to quit but also my fiance` is nagging the hell out of me. Also we have a new baby boy that will be here in January. On another note I just moved to California from the East coast and it seems like i am the only man with a can in the pocket out here.

So only a few more days and I hope that this will be the end of an era for me.

Wish me luck and I look forward to fresh breath very soon!!

Jason

Just wanted to stop by and see if it is actually possible to quit. I was a smoker for 7 years and did Cope long cut on and off mainly with friends on the fire dept I was on. But then I decided to quit smoking which was huge for me but the way I quit was to dip. I know pretty dumb. I thought dip was kind of nasty so it would be a good way to step down from cigs. but I guess I had no common sense when it came to nicotine addiction. So I have decided to finally (try) to give up my tin in my back pocket this coming Thursday 11-11-2010. Honestly I am doing it yeah because I want to quit but also my fiance` is nagging the hell out of me. Also we have a new baby boy that will be here in January. On another note I just moved to California from the East coast and it seems like i am the only man with a can in the pocket out here.

Jason

Welcome Jason. I will be honest right up front about your post....you have many warning signs your mental attitude is not ready for quitting. Hopeful and trying is not going to cut it and no amount of nagging by a spouse will convince us to quit. Quitting for a baby on the way is noble, but we have all set artificial life mile markers in which we will quit. The date comes and goes and we rationalize why I can still stuff the shit in your mouth. Believe me, all the veterans on this site know all the excuses. We are all addicts. It takes a 100% commitment to yourself to quit. Nothing else will last in the longterm. Nicotine is insidious and will creep back into your life if you are not prepared to handle it.

With that said, everyone's quit is different. I for one got off to a slow start. Kind of like a smoldering fire. The desire to quit was there, it just couldn't get going. I struggled and suffered through the first few weeks of my quit making my pledge to not use tobacco. With each day though, the fire to quit began to grow and eventually became a raging fire.

So take the pledge to not use tobacco today. Come back tomorrow and do it again. One day at a time is how a life long journey begins. I will be looking to see your post on Thursday.

Jason

Welcome Jason. I will be honest right up front about your post....you have many warning signs your mental attitude is not ready for quitting. Hopeful and trying is not going to cut it and no amount of nagging by a spouse will convince us to quit. Quitting for a baby on the way is noble, but we have all set artificial life mile markers in which we will quit. The date comes and goes and we rationalize why I can still stuff the shit in your mouth. Believe me, all the veterans on this site know all the excuses. We are all addicts. It takes a 100% commitment to yourself to quit. Nothing else will last in the longterm. Nicotine is insidious and will creep back into your life if you are not prepared to handle it.

With that said, everyone's quit is different. I for one got off to a slow start. Kind of like a smoldering fire. The desire to quit was there, it just couldn't get going. I struggled and suffered through the first few weeks of my quit making my pledge to not use tobacco. With each day though, the fire to quit began to grow and eventually became a raging fire.

So take the pledge to not use tobacco today. Come back tomorrow and do it again. One day at a time is how a life long journey begins. I will be looking to see your post on Thursday.

As the Professor wrote, you need to do this for YOU, otherwise you open yourself up to the inevitable "I'll show them" cave. Also, as he indicated, luck has nothing to do with it. You will have to make deliberate choices until you are back in control. The nicotine slave master will not relinquish control quietly, but you can take it back one crave, one hour, one day at a time. It is doable and this forum is full of men and women who did and continue to do.

Euty ~ day 1,532 nicotine-FREE

I woke up this morning and decided NOT to dip today. It's worked for the last 2,164 days, guess I'll try it again tomorrow. Anyone care to join me?

I woke up this morning and decided NOT to dip today. It's worked for the last 2,164 days, guess I'll try it again tomorrow. Anyone care to join me?

I'm onboard. Lead the way, FV!

B)

Professor,

Just read your HOF speech and I could feel the pain all over again of what I allowed the nic-bitch to do to me and to my relationship with my wife. Thanks. Your HOF is my inspiration for the day. Because it is my pitiful story, too.

Day 16 and looking back shaking my head in disgust. At the same time I feel a freedom that's indescribable. I'm feeling like a man.

So simple to be a man...a simple systematic refusal to put the stuff in my mouth. DUH!

Ive made that decision for 4 days now. I guess I'll do it tomorrow again.

Ive made that decision for 4 days now. I guess I'll do it tomorrow again.

Awesome John. Now go over to February 2011 HOF Class and post roll. We could use your support.

Any one want to set up a date / time we can all get together on the Chat?

Edited by Horton

I vote for Saturday, 10pm Eastern

Professor,

Just read your HOF speech and I could feel the pain all over again of what I allowed the nic-bitch to do to me and to my relationship with my wife. Thanks. Your HOF is my inspiration for the day. Because it is my pitiful story, too.

Day 16 and looking back shaking my head in disgust. At the same time I feel a freedom that's indescribable. I'm feeling like a man.

Man, this is an all too common theme I'm seeing with what this stuff has done to us. This is my story as well

will be there, as if this surprises you... lol

Remember the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. 35 years ago today.

Edited by SweetTony

On this day in 1871, journalist and explorer Henry Morton Stanley located missing missionary and explorer David Livingstone in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika in present-day Tanzania.

He greeted him with, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"

Edited by Eutychus

I'm onboard. Lead the way, FV!

B)

Rodeo Timer - I'm in as well, see ya tomorrow!

Edited by rodeo timer

Remember the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. 35 years ago today.

Sing it, Mr Lightfoot!

I get a blank screen every time I try the chat feature. Installed latest Java. Not sure what the problem is.

I get a blank screen every time I try the chat feature. Installed latest Java. Not sure what the problem is.

I would PM Flavius Victor about that. He's the master of all things technical...

I would PM Flavius Victor about that. He's the master of all things technical...

I don't think I'll be able to make it on Saturday. But I'll have spies there taking notes, so don't talk bad about me B)

^_^

I don't think I'll be able to make it on Saturday. But I'll have spies there taking notes, so don't talk bad about me ^_^

B)

Ah Damn ER! Only reason i was going ^_^

Happy 41st anniversary of the 1st airing of Sesame Street!

So am I to believe you feel Sesame St. ranks higher than the USMC? Just who the hell d'ya think protected your boats all these years? I mean God knows a buncha sailors couldn't get it done.

Squids.... they'll never accept the simple fact that the Navy is a lower form of Marine life.