Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
CopeWithoutCope

Word of the Day

I just received a concern about this folder, so let me explain. This would work like one of those vocabulary calendars our teachers had on their desks in grammar school. With each day, or turn, there would be a new uncommon term that the contributor would define. I did not intend to make this a free-for-all for defining obscure sexual acts and other obscenities. It's mainly to keep me and others on the site occupied, thinking and learning in a healthy way. Please adhere to all QSSN usage guidelines when making your contribution. Sorry in advance for what might be perceived as an overly cautious preamble.

Sycophant (sik-oh-fent)

A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

I think there should be an element where you must use it in a sentence...

For example;

The ebullient, sycophantic student was annoying his fellow classmates with his banty like moves at garnering the attention of the teacher B)

Sycophant (sik-oh-fent)

A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

For example;

The ebullient, sycophantic student was annoying his fellow classmates with his banty like moves at garnering the attention of the teacher B)

Or, compose a rap containing each word?

Sycophant (sik-oh-fent)

For example;

You say that like it's a bad thing professor. How about this...Perhaps I should emulate that sycophant, whose overwhelmingly disgusting display of bootlicking garnered him the promotion that was rightily mine.

Sycophant (sik-oh-fent)

For example;

You say that like it's a bad thing professor. How about this...Perhaps I should emulate that sycophant, whose overwhelmingly disgusting display of bootlicking garnered him the promotion that was rightily mine.

Nice!

Temerity

Unreasonable or foolhardy contempt of danger or opposition: rashness, recklessness.

Sentence: Don't make me use temerity in a sentence, I begged those zipperheads at QSSN.

I did not intend to make this a free-for-all for defining obscure sexual acts and other obscenities.

Have you learned NOTHING about these gentlemen? That's just a challenge!

I did not intend to make this a free-for-all for defining obscure sexual acts and other obscenities.

Shhh--let's bury that part of the thread with fresh, wholesome and purely educational terms.

Shhh--let's bury that part of the thread with fresh, wholesome and purely educational terms.

Yeah.... just wait til the March & April HOF creeps in here...

Perspicacity

shrewdness: intelligence manifested by being astute (as in business dealings)

Sentence: "Only someone who is British (or gay) would actually use 'perspicacity' in a sentence."

Sentence: "Only someone who is British (or gay) would actually use 'perspicacity' in a sentence."

Sentence: Don't make me use temerity in a sentence, I begged those zipperheads at QSSN.

I'm sorry Cope I have to call foul. Could I get a ruling on this from the peanut gallery please??

1st penalty Entering the "word" into a sentence is not the same as using the "word" in a sentence.

2nd penalty you broke your own rule "I did not intend to make this a free-for-all for defining obscure sexual acts and other obscenities." With the words Gay and zipperheads both of these terms cut really close to the bone of my friend Kojak. In fact he is so upset he did not even comment in Nov. 07 this morning when he posted up and everyone knows a silent Kojak is a sad Kojak.

So may I humbly offer " Your actions show great temerity in the breaking of your own rules and hint at a serious lack of perspicacity in your character." B)^_^

I'm sorry Cope I have to call foul. Could I get a ruling on this from the peanut gallery please??

1st penalty Entering the "word" into a sentence is not the same as using the "word" in a sentence.

2nd penalty you broke your own rule "I did not intend to make this a free-for-all for defining obscure sexual acts and other obscenities." With the words Gay and zipperheads both of these terms cut really close to the bone of my friend Kojak. In fact he is so upset he did not even comment in Nov. 07 this morning when he posted up and everyone knows a silent Kojak is a sad Kojak.

So may I humbly offer " Your actions show great temerity in the breaking of your own rules and hint at a serious lack of perspicacity in your character." B)^_^

Man, two penalties, and I was just trying to be amusing. All right, let's huddle way back behind the line of scrimmage. First down and 30: Brady in an obvious passing situation. I pass to Ohioman for the next word.

Duuhhhh huhh huhh, der ugghh....he said gay....

Zoophilia - The practice of sex between humans and animals.

Ex: Wyoming4life's zoophiliac actions are so rampid, that most men would rather turn to homosexual acts than display the temerity to exhibit these actions to a group of others in such a banty like demeanor.

Ex: Wyoming4life's zoophiliac actions are so rampid, that most men would rather turn to homosexual acts than display the temerity to exhibit these actions to a group of others in such a banty like demeanor.

Nice one buddy as usual your way ahead of me in the smarts department , but.... My wife says to ask you what sort of farm animal do you think she is??? Think carefully and slowly on this one all of our lives depend on it!!!!!

Nice one buddy as usual your way ahead of me in the smarts department , but.... My wife says to ask you what sort of farm animal do you think she is??? Think carefully and slowly on this one all of our lives depend on it!!!!!

Ankole/Watusi

The Ankole-Watusi should appear elegant, well-bred, and graceful. A straight topline and a sloping rump are required.

I am bettiing a fine spotted heifer, though some would concider them a bit "horny" B)

Sha-Ke-Na_and_Me.jpg

encomium: Speech of praise.

ex. Chris Matthews was expected to give an encomium of Mr. Obama's State of the Union address.

physiology ~ the branch of biology dealing with the functions and activities of living organisms and their parts, including all physical and chemical processes.

Example ~ Even though Kojak is a "teacher" I think he needs to go back to OSU (Go cowboys!!! didn't they beat A&M? I can't remember) and bone up on his physiology.